The Caldwell Group is looking for multi-level Welders. From beginner to advanced.
This position is responsible for fabricating & welding processes on heavy lifting equipment.
- Performs basic fit up operation in preparation for welding. Generally welds stock and standard products that may require the use of fixtures.
- MIG welds on products with medium complexity of moving parts and medium tolerances. Regularly welds plate thicknesses up to 3/8” and occasionally up to 1/2.”
- Meets welding time and quality standards, as established by the organization.
- Performs minor assembly periodically.
- Uses overhead crane to position weldments.
- Demonstrates the Caldwell Values in all work activities
- Maintains a safe work environment. Reports defective tools and equipment.
- Complies with all safety rules and regulations.
- Minimum High School or equivalent education
- Minimum 2 years welding experience Minimum 2 years fit-up experience
- Demonstrated proficiency welding up to 3/8”
- Experience with metal core spray transfer using O45 and O52 diameter wire preferred
- Proven ability to read and interpret blueprints
- Demonstrated ability to perform layout work for drilling
- Proven problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to use hand plasma and air arc tools
- Certified for overhead crane and forklift
- Ability to earn a Caldwell MIG welding certificate
While performing the duties of this job, employee is continuously required to stand, frequently required to handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, engage in repetitive use of hands; and occasionally must bend, reach overhead, crouch, kneel, push/pull, lift up to 50 pounds and talk and listen.