Weekend Shift; Fri-Sat-Sun 6am-6:30pm. This position is responsible for operating one or more industrial robots to fabricate metal parts or assemblies to specification by applying basic knowledge of welding theory on production.
- Clamps, holds, grinds, or bolts component parts to obtain required configurations and positions for welding.
- Moves machine controls and guides to adjust machine
- Performs program edits to correct if a collision, fault, or error message occurs with the robot.
- Unloads welded parts from robotic welder and places on appropriate containers and skids
- Performs basic MIG welding techniques, as needed, following weld standards.
- Examines finished work pieces to verify conformance with specifications, according to operation inspection sheet, quality control plans, and/or customer notes using instruments such as gauges.
- Performs prescribed preventative maintenance on equipment and machines.
- Uses overhead crane to position weldments.
- Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
- Reports defective tools and equipment.
- Complies with all safety rules and regulations.
- Minimum High School or equivalent education
- Two years experience operating a weld robot
- Two years of welding experience in a production environment
- Ability to pass a 2G horizontal weld test.
- Knowledge of wire and filler materials application for various steel alloys, SS, aluminum and others
- Basic math skills
- Ability to read and interpret documents including prints, weld symbols, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to use handheld measuring tools
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to perform some basic program edits
- Ability to be certified on overhead crane and forklift equipment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is continuously required to stand. The
employee frequently is required to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and engage in
repetitive use of hands. The employee occasionally must bend; reach overhead; crouch; kneel;
push, pull or lift up to 50 pounds; and talk and listen.