This position is responsible for the procurement of commodities through the development and implementation of commodity strategies and the management of supplier relationships. This position also develops and manages supplier metrics, sets targets. Other areas of responsibility include price negotiation, supplier selection and management, expediting and continuous improvement efforts.
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Certification in supply change management or purchasing preferred
- Five years experience as a buyer for purchased parts and raw materials.
- PC proficiency
- Strong negotiation skills
- strong communication skills
- Proven ability to organize and multitask while meeting deadlines
- Strong detail orientation
- Proven ability to read blueprints