- Clamps, holds, grinds, or bolts component parts to obtain required configurations and positions for welding.
- Moves machine controls and guides to adjust machine
- Performs program edits to correct if a collision, fault, or error message occurs with the robot.
- Unloads welded parts from robotic welder and places on appropriate containers and skids
- Performs basic MIG welding techniques, as needed, following weld standards.
- Examines finished work pieces to verify conformance with specifications, according to operation inspection sheet, quality control plans, and/or customer notes using instruments such as gauges.
- Performs prescribed preventative maintenance on equipment and machines.
- Uses overhead crane to position weldments.
- Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
- Reports defective tools and equipment.
- Complies with all safety rules and regulations.
Physical Requirements: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is continuously required to stand. The employee frequently is required to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and engage in repetitive use of hands. The employee occasionally must bend; reach overhead; crouch; kneel; push, pull or lift up to 50 pounds; and talk and listen.
- Minimum High School or equivalent education
- Two years experience operating a weld robot
- Two years of welding experience in a production environment
- Ability to pass a 2G horizontal weld test.
- Knowledge of wire and filler materials application for various steel alloys, SS, aluminum and others
- Basic math skills
- Ability to read and interpret documents including prints, weld symbols, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to use handheld measuring tools
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to perform some basic program edits
- Ability to be certified on overhead crane and forklift equipment