This position is responsible for completing production fabrication and welding operations on standard and custom lifting equipment while ensuring compliance to customer specifications and AWS D1.1 welding standards.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Performs fit up operation in preparation for welding.
- Welds on products with a high level of complexity of moving parts and tight tolerances. Regularly welds plate thicknesses up to 3/4” and up to 1-1/4” when necessary.
- Performs rework operations of complex parts using air arc tool.
- Straightens parts using heat application from a torch.
- Meets welding time and quality standards as established by the organization.
- Works proactively with Designers to resolve design variances for work in process and suggests improvements for future builds.
- Assembles gearboxes, chains, torque limiters, and other parts, as needed.
- Works proactively to assist in training of Level 2 welders.
- Uses overhead crane to position weldments.
- Maintains a safe work environment. Reports defective tools and equipment.
- Complies with all safety rules and regulations.
Qualifications and Skills
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 5 years welding steel, some of which using O52 wire and higher
- 5 years fit-up steel experience
- Demonstrated proficiency welding other metals including aluminum and/or stainless steel
- Certified in out-of-position welding using flux E7ITI
- Proven mastery of all standard products with minimum supervisor input
- Proven ability to read and interpret blueprints of high complexity
- Proven problem identification and problem solving skills, demonstrated by partnering with other departments (i.e. Engineering) as necessary to resolve problems.
- Possess high skill level with all fabrication tools including oxy acetylene torch and air arc tools
- Certified for overhead crane and forklift
- Ability to Caldwell MIG welding certificate
Continuously required to stand, frequently required to handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, engage in repetitive use of hands; and occasionally must bend, reach overhead, crouch, kneel, push/pull, lift up to 50 pounds, talk and listen.